What better day than April Fool’s Day to post our latest edition of Conversations with My Husband. Below are just a few of the fun things he has said over the past month that have really stuck out and made me say, “Wait, what did you just say?”
- While looking at the baby registry: “How many seats does this kid need? We already have a car seat, stroller, pack & play, crib, swing, walker, and booster seat. Can’t he just sit on the couch with me and chill?” Umm, no; infants can’t hold themselves up.
- After dinner one night: “You only ate 2 pieces of pizza? Huh, you didn’t eat as much as I thought you would.”
- While complaining that my back hurt: “You’re not getting a back-rub, that’s how we ended up in this predicament.”
- Discussing maternity photos: “Ughh, do we have to do the lame picture with our hands in the shape of a heart?” Yes we do.
- Another night after dinner and this is my favorite: “After the baby is born, you can’t eat like a man anymore.”
- While many of our conversations these days are baby related, there are a few that are not. While discussing dumb people: “I would just like to throw stones at them.” Someone is watching too much Spartacus and Vikings.