I have to say it-all of these old wives’ tales are a bunch of crap! I should start by saying that it’s not that I am over being pregnant, but am just so excited to finally meet the little one. It seriously feels like Christmas Eve times 1000, except I wake up and still nothing!
A few of the old tricks that are supposed to work:
- Walking. I have been walking 2 miles a day, and nothing is happening.
- Yoga Ball. I am using my yoga ball as a chair. I bounce and stretch thinking it will do something but instead I probably just look like a weirdo.
- Spicy Food. Maybe it’s because I have eaten spicy food throughout the pregnancy, but the only result is heartburn.
- Pineapple. This is supposed to work if its fresh and you eat a pineapple a day. I only ate one pineapple, and couldn’t do anymore.
- Hot Shower/Bath. Shower everyday and doesn’t seem to be happening.
- Acupressure. I looked online and found the pressure points that are connected to the uterus. Needless to say it didn’t work.
- Sex. Um, I’m huge, so no thank you.
- Full Moon. The full moon has come and gone.
- Castor Oil. NO THANK YOU! I am not giving myself diarrhea or making myself vomit. Gross.
Tonight they are calling for thunderstorms and this supposedly ups your chances of going into labor. Apparently the pressure in the atmosphere drops and has an effect on your water breaking. We will have to wait and see but clearly baby is comfy and cozy and that’s all that really matters. 🙂