I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was adding more spinach to my daughters diet to increase her iron intake. I have been buying frozen chopped spinach and setting a dish aside for her, and then using the rest for our dinner. A few weeks ago I decided to try my hand at making stuffed chicken and I am happy to report, it was AHH-MAZING! You are hearing this from the girl who was a chronic pancake burner and is now turning into Martha Stewart. Okay, maybe I’m not Martha Stewart yet. 🙂
You will need: Boneless Chicken Breast, Chopped Spinach, Shredded Cheese, Skewers, Butter, Seasoning of Your Choice.
- To start, you will need to thin the chicken breast out. I do not have a meat tenderizer, so I put the chicken in a bag and used the rolling-pin.
- Once the chicken is thinned to your liking, place on a foil lined pan.
- Spread the cooked spinach and shredded cheese onto each piece of chicken. I prefer 4 Cheese Italian, but you can also you Mozzarella.
- Fold the chicken and pierce each end with a skewer, so that the chicken remains folded.
- Flip the chicken so that the open face is facing down.
- Coat with butter and your choice of seasoning. I prefer Greek seasoning or lemon pepper.
- Bake on 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy and feel free to pin this recipe below! Cheers, T